Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Elevation vertical height extent options

KatherineC97
Booster

Hi everyone!

I have a weird question regarding elevation markers.

When I'm showing the elevation I try to make the marker line as close as possible to the building model to show the natural ground line (the dashed red line) however this poses a problem with sites like in the image where we need a concrete block retaining wall where the natural ground is higher than the slab.

For articulated walls, I'll adjust the elevation marker and add breaks where needed. Is it possible to do a similar thing vertically? I feel like it's not but if there's another  solution that will get rid of the extra bit of earth under the eave I'd be so happy.

KatherineC97_1-1714435730755.pngKatherineC97_0-1714435455567.png

Operating system used: Windows 27.4030

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Just for clarification - it is the part of the ground I have circled that you don't want to show?

You can't adjust the elevation break position because it will also cut off the eave of the roof.

And no, you can't adjust the elevation break vertically.

BarryKelly_0-1714437137336.png

The only solution I can think of is to keep the elevation you have, but create a layer combination that does not show the site mesh.

Set the elevation view to use that new layer combination.

Then create another section/elevation that only shows the site mesh (another new layer combination), but limit the length to the back of the garage, or you can break it the same as the other elevation, but cut it in to the back of the wall under the eaves.

Then in the layouts, place both views with the ground only drawing (view) on top of the elevation drawing (view).

The ground only drawing must have a transparent background in the drawing settings.

I haven't tested, but I think that will work.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

Just for clarification - it is the part of the ground I have circled that you don't want to show?

You can't adjust the elevation break position because it will also cut off the eave of the roof.

And no, you can't adjust the elevation break vertically.

BarryKelly_0-1714437137336.png

The only solution I can think of is to keep the elevation you have, but create a layer combination that does not show the site mesh.

Set the elevation view to use that new layer combination.

Then create another section/elevation that only shows the site mesh (another new layer combination), but limit the length to the back of the garage, or you can break it the same as the other elevation, but cut it in to the back of the wall under the eaves.

Then in the layouts, place both views with the ground only drawing (view) on top of the elevation drawing (view).

The ground only drawing must have a transparent background in the drawing settings.

I haven't tested, but I think that will work.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you Barry 🙂 I think that is the only real option 

Setup info provided by author