BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill orientation in 2D vs 3D

Stig Bengtsson
Participant
For roofs the orientation settings for fills doesn't affect the 3D view. The orientation follows the slope of the roof regardless if the orientation is set to fill origin or project origin. The 2D view works as expected. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Stig

Fill orientation.jpg
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Stig:

As with most 3D textures, use the Align 3D Texture command to change the texture Direction (and Origin).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
Yes David,

the direction can be adjusted in 3D but that is a different issue.

The problem I have is that changing the fill orientation setting between fill direction and project direction doesn't have any affect on 3D for roofs just 2D. Slabs on the other hand react to the switch in 2D and 3D. Roofs always show the fill orientation perpendicular to the slope of the roof in 3D even when the orientation is set to project direction and shown as such in 2D. Adjusting the orientation in 3D doesn't affect the 2D representation vice versa.
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Stig:

Yes, now I see your point, and the Mesh does not have any option like this. Maybe time for a wish?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!