Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fillet-ing tilted walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted a question about arc wall fillet-ing earlier on but i deleted it because that wasnt exactly what i was looking for. sorry for the trouble.

What im trying to do is this.
4 walls, one of them is tilted at 70degrees inwards.
I want to fillet the tilted wall with the 90deg wall, but can't figure out how...
Is this even possible?

Thank you

PS
I created something i COULD work with using the morph tool, but if anyone knows a better/faster way, please let me know...
Also, when I turn walls into morphs, they appear to be separate on the floorplan view.
(for instance, 4 walls forming a square, there are no lines in the cover fill separating these walls, but when I morph them a line shows up separating these 4 walls as independent objects... is there a way to make it so that these lines dont show up?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think main problem here is that you can create a fillet but a filleted slanted wall will make the filleted part also slanted. Let us say, on your attached image, that you filleted the lower left corner. A curved slanted Wall is created and now the problem is how it transforms from a slanted Wall into a straight vertical wall. That would require a distorted geometry, most probably a ruled geometry (Something you can actually create with the Shell Tool, when I come to think of it.

But if you go with the Morphs, and you have several Morphs, you can use the Unify command to convert them into one Morph. That should solve the 2D display issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see!
Thank you so much for your help!