BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fills with holes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did I dream this?

I thought there was a way of 'magic-wanding' a fill, which would pick up 'islands' automatically.

Currently, if I magic wand within a polygon, other areas within that polygon are ignored. Do I have to cut out the 'islands' manually one a time, or is there an option somewhere?

Keith

Archicad Ver 11 on MAC OSX 10.4.8
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
You can cut them out with the magic wand too ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Erich
Contributor
Keith,
from your terminology I assume you are coming from an Autocad background where this behaviour is inherent?

Djordie,
I think the question was is there a way to make this happen in a single operation (i.e. one click)? While I greatly prefer AC's fills to AutoCad's hatches it can be a bit annoying to magic wand a region with many holes and have to go back and remove the holes as a separate operation, magic wanded or otherwise.

I would be interested to find out if anyone has a better way.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
__archiben
Booster
doesn't it depend on whether or not you magic wand the fill region or the fill boundary? i must add that i'm not quite sure about this - magic wanding regions is slightly hit-and-miss at the best of times so i only use it when i'm feeling super lazy.

logically i would expect that if you space-click the fill boundary (half-magic-wand) it would simply trace the boundary only and ignore the holes. likewise, if you space-click the fill area (full-magic-wand) it would trace the exact area of the fill including holes . . .

i'm not in front of AC so i can't check to make sure . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This be the problem. It can't be done at all AFAIK.

FWIW GS is aware of it.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your comments, guys.

I'm resigned to cutting them out individually. At least I found a way to copy the 'holes' where the shapes were the same.

Keith

Archicad ver 11 on Mac OSX 10.4.8
Learn and get certified!