BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Furniture fill???

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am doing interior elevations, have furniture showing over fill. I can't get the furniture to block out the fill. Have done display order, and changed fills in 2d representation to no avail. Does furniture have fill in elevation?

display options ( the three fill settings) are all set for vectorial hatching.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom

I placed a chair from the AC9 library with a wall behind it. The wall has a brickwork material applied to it, which shows with vectorial hatching turned on in elevation/section mode.

The chair blocked out the fill. Please see attached photo.

Which furniture object did you use?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Might work differently if you actually draw the fill rather than having it assigned to the wall material, which I think is what Tom is saying he has done.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Yes I did draw the fill. I used typical furniture out of the library. In this case, it was kitchen cabinets. I unded up cutting sections of fill, very time consuming.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Aussie John
Newcomer
sometimes it is easier to use Singo's method for that very reason.

I use the vectorial hatch applied to a material to show skirtings and chair-rails in Contract Drawings as it is quick and effective. ( no good for renderings). By making your fill repeat a great vertical distance apart you can get lines etc to just show at the bottom of your wall.

The concept of using vectorial hatches/material is not bad and keeps your plan up to date. It is a nuisance going in and out of the materials dialog though. The best thing though is change the material setting and all your tiles etc will update. not to mention if you move a door or window
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or perhaps you could apply an empty fill over the cabinets to hide the hatch?

Will be troublesome and rather messy, but if I'm desperate and its 2am in the morning, I'll probably do that!
Learn and get certified!