BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

GDL or gsm objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a teacher at a High School in Perht and I have created a Basketball hoop using the slab, beam, column and wall tools in ArchiCAD 13 with the ambition to make it available for my students to use in their projects. I have managed to save it as a gsm file in the Embedded Library folder by going to 'Libraries and Objects' and selecting 'Save 3D Model as', and then following the promts. This has resulted in the object appearing in the Emedded Library with a gsm file type. I can then use the object and insert multiple copies of it into my current project. However I want to make the Basketball Hoop object available for other projects to access, but it is not comming up in the Embedded Library for other projects. How do I make it available for me to use with other projects and then add it to the Library for others to use on our network?
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
When saving the object you have the choice of saving to an embedded library or browsing for a folder.

If you have already saved it (as in your case) just open the library manager.
Select the object in the Embedded Library list and then press the "Export embedded subtree into local folder button".
Browse for your shared library.
When your students next re-load the shared library they will now have the new object.
Barry.
embedded_object.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!