Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HOW TO insert SKETCHUP into ARCHICAD14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a nice skethup model that i wanted to insert into archicad 14.
archicad 14 does not have an addon for sketchup.
But archicad 14 does have an addon for 3ds file formats.

so.
1. i saved my sketchup model in sketchup as a KMZ file.
2. i renamed the KMZ file to blabla.zip.
3. then i was able to open the folder and find the model data file. blabla..dae
4. i then downloaded for free BLENDER 3d.
5. opened the DAE model file in blender and then clicked export as 3DS file.
6. Then went back into archicad and imported the 3ds file (using the 3ds archicad plugin)

the other option was buying sketchup PRO. but that cost 360 euros..... mmmm no thanks......

Ian
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/Archivege_earth_connections_download...

This will import sketchup as far as I know.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Sketchup tip: If you don't have the ArchiCAD Sketchup add-on and need to have Sketchup for some reason, the sketchup demo is based on time used not a specific number of days.
You can download the Sketchup demo and use it only to make quick file conversion. The demo may last you until the next version which I also demo until the next new version....

If you do have the Sketchup add-on for ArchiCAD you can open Sketchup models directly with ArchiCAD or save your ArchiCAD modles as *.skp files.

The add-on works great! You may have to fix some materials. You can add to the models with ArchiCAD to make the model better and then save as .gsm if you like.

If you need more flexibility with the models than to have them in one single part you can select the parts you want in Sketchup and add them one at a time and combine them in ArchiCAD. I do this sometimes when I want to make a true ArchiCAD model from a sketchup model.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25