BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Having a problem with roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a little new in this program but i am really happy to see that i am getting used to it. the problem i am having is how to bend a roof under a specific shape. Please can some one explain it to me i have put attached file showing my problem

building22.jpg
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
You'll get a better response if you post a sketch, since there are many ways to make arching roofs, depending......
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the dimensions of the room i need to cover
444.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
Swell. How do you want the roof topology to work?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want a flat roof, simply, make a slab, and then click on one of it`s border points. This will open a new dialog box on your floor plan. The first option from the left, enables you to edit the shape of your slab (linearly), the second one from the left, enables you to make a curved shape, wich is the thing you might also need, related to the fact that i saw the curved shape on your sketch.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i need just roof that is curving from the top point 4.9 meter to the 3 meters but i am having problems putting it can you explain to me how is this done and if you need some info more just tell me . Sorry for the bad post but you see this is my first post and i am newbie in this program may i be excused for this
Anonymous
Not applicable
nedostizni wrote:
If you want a flat roof, simply, make a slab, and then click on one of it`s border points. This will open a new dialog box on your floor plan. The first option from the left, enables you to edit the shape of your slab (linearly), the second one from the left, enables you to make a curved shape, wich is the thing you might also need, related to the fact that i saw the curved shape on your sketch.
I am having problem after i click on one of its border points no new dilong box is opening in my floor plan. probably i have to put some options or settings which i am have not clicked please if it is not a problem to post a screen shot of this tool because i think this may sort my problem . thanks for your help
Dwight
Newcomer
So those sloping walls actually have dished-out tops?

If they were sloped straight, it would be easier.

Give me an elevation. and sketch how the framing works.

The attached shows two ways to make the roof with flat planes.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the stupid question but what is the program you use to show me the way and how did you make the roof to curve right as the wall is swamping
Dwight
Newcomer
As I suspected, your walls do not dish out - they slope in a straight line

As such, you'll probably use the right hand solution I sent before: part flat, part sloped.

How to do this involves creating the roof in 3D, where clicking three locations establishes the roof slope - then you freely click to create roof boundaries.

Return to the floor plan to bulge the roof to match the curved walls.

See USA Reference guide pages:

412 for reshaping the roof polygons

718 to create a roof in 3D.
proff of straight slope.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!