BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help setting up student standards or templates

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've taught myself how to use ArchiCad over the past year but am still unfamiliar with some of the more advanced aspects of the program. I'm running the educational version and would like to set up a basic template or set of standards that I can use for all my school projects. For example, instead of manually changing all the wall settings when I do plan or section cuts from having no fill to having a solid black fill. I believe there is a way to automatically have all new walls look like this? I would also like to setup line colors and weights for the various objects, windows, doors, etc. I don't care for the odd colors and lineweights in the default template provided. I'm attaching some images of work I did this semester. This is what I'd like my template/standards to reflect. Any comments, suggestions, critiques, etc. would be of much appreciation.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's some elevation images
Anonymous
Not applicable
And sections and siteplan
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want all the cut fills to be solid fill, black: check out the MVO (Model View Options). These can be used to globally affect the appearance of your views rather than adjusting each element or object type individually.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can save any PLN file as a TPL file.
This TPL file can be an empty file with all the settings, attributes, Favorites set to your preference.
Then when you start a new project, you just open the TPL file, save it as PLN and start working on it.
Is this what you are after?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are also "favorites." When you create, for example, a section marker with all your preferred settings, at the top left of the dialog box there is a "Favorites..." button that you can select and save your settings. This works with just about anything: doors, windows, lines, etc. etc.
Learn and get certified!