BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I can't find my 3d perspective - its out of view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it will be a simple thing - but somehow my 3d perspective is out of view and as much as I reconfigure camera angles and distances, I can't get it back.

I am scrolling around the screen desperately but I have probably thrown it further into the distance now.

Is there a simple 'Fit in Screen' button for these? Or something that can get it back.

The axon view is fine.

Much appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the "soccer ball" at the bottom.
Roll over it, it will say "fit in window".
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Bier.

I have already tried that. No luck.

I have also mucked about with the projection settings but I still get a blank screen. It must be so far out of view..

It is definitely there because if I highlight the entire drawing (with the arrow key) then I can see it. But interestingly enough if I select the drawing with a marquee then it doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So you can select your model elements but not see them? Try a search of the forum (the button between FAQ and Memberlist above, NOT the top search button), this has been brought up a few times.

I was going to suggest placing a new camera, selecting camera and going to 3D view, but this sounds like a different issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an update -

I zoomed out to a distance of 99999999 (or whatever was the largest number I could fit), then selected all, then hit 'Fit in Screen' and managed to bring up some of the elements. But not all - was stll missing a second level even though it showed up in plan view.

Anyway it was enough to keep me going. I just had to rebuild the second level which was quicker than trying to figure out the problem.

I did try to put a new camera in but this made no difference. Interestingly I still couldn't see the original camera of the 'v' shape the view makes - thats how far out the model was.

Anyway thanks for all your hep. Much appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
could you take a screenshot of your camera settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a simular problem and i was able to solve it buy using; "Get Current Window’s Settings: Click this button to overwrite the settings in this dialog box to correspond to the view currently in effect in the active (frontmost) window." I had a previous 3d perspective view saved that displayed the model correctly. I opened that view and went to "settings" when i clicked on "Get Current Window's Settings" it reset my Generic Perspective view to match the view i had opened.
I hope this helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem now. If you have any information on how to fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Place a camera and open it to regain the perspective settings.

(almost caused me heart failure!)
Learn and get certified!