BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

In need of ArchiCAD V9 licence please!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had my laptop stolen with my V9 key and need a new one. Can only buy a new version but don't want to spend the time learning as I really like V9.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
any ARCHICAD 11 key can open AC7, AC8, AC9, AC10, AC11
buy a new one and just install the version you prefer. The only problem can come from the WIBU version, use only the version you'll find on version 11's install CD
engineeringrocks wrote:
Had my laptop stolen with my V9 key and need a new one. Can only buy a new version
??

You mean you can't replace your AC 9 key if lost? My understanding was Graphisoft will replace your key for $100 or something (if you are subscribed I think it is nothing). I was not aware that previous-versions keys could not be replaced but I would think it weird, is that what you mean?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought the program and key a while ago from the internet and I guess it was never registered to me - I wasn't aware that it had to be transferred to my name.

Anyways, now I can't get a new key from ArchiCAD. They told me to either buy new version 11 with licence and key or find a key for V9 from someone else and pay to have it transferred to me.

I am hoping I can find a V9 key as I can't afford to buy new version and I don't want the hassle of learning a newer version. Hopefully I can find a key for V9!
Thomas Holm
Booster
engineeringrocks wrote:
I bought the program and key a while ago from the internet and I guess it was never registered to me - I wasn't aware that it had to be transferred to my name....
Well, then you'll have to contact the internet and ask her to help.

This stinks!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
TomWaltz
Participant
When you buy a license from someone who is not an authorized reseller, you have to pay about $450 US to have it transferred to your name.

If you're one subscription, they do replace lost/stolen keys. Otherwise, you are on your own.

New licenses for Archicad 11 allow you to work on versions back to Archicad 6.5. If you buy a new license, your reseller will probably have an old Archicad 9 disk that you can use to install it.

Personally, I'd highly recommend just learning and using AC11. It's come a LONG way since Archicad 9.
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
When you buy a license from someone who is not an authorized reseller, you have to pay about $450 US to have it transferred to your name.

If you're one subscription, they do replace lost/stolen keys. Otherwise, you are on your own.

New licenses for Archicad 11 allow you to work on versions back to Archicad 6.5. If you buy a new license, your reseller will probably have an old Archicad 9 disk that you can use to install it.

Personally, I'd highly recommend just learning and using AC11. It's come a LONG way since Archicad 9.
The US fee is $475. Subscription provides for free key replacement; without subscription it is a $100 processing fee - provided a police report is filed in case of theft, etc, not the entire price of a license. Unless something has changed recently...

Agree completely with Tom's other comments! 😉 See the 'ads' section of these forums for some available licenses...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!