BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Elevation tool or Sect/ Elev tool ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i still learning which tool is best for the task. so far, i've been using either the sect/elev tool for interior elevations. now i wanted to learn the proper tool for the task, ie interior tool for interiors. but after some trials and reading other forums, it seems like the tool is difficult to use ?

my problem with it:
- i can't seem to change the color or line type for the front and back lines. i can change the marker head ok but the lines i'm having trouble with.

some questions:
- for single interior elevations, is it best to use the sect/elev tool ?
- it seems the interior tool is best to make multiple elevations at once, but once you make them, doesn't seem difficult to adjust individual ones ?
5 REPLIES 5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
IE Tool is best for straight-forward rectilinear rooms. You may have more success with the Elevation tool for complex geometries.

By "front and back lines" are you referring to the Marker range? The Pen is set in Project Preferences > Miscellaneous.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh thank you for the marker range line color location. the default is this puke green that drove me crazy !
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I have not had good experience with the Interior Elevation Tool. I only use the section/elevation. Hopefully, improvements will come in the future to make this tool more functional.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
another question on the elevation tool.

when i use it with limited depth, it creates two lines. i know line 1 is the depth but what is line 2 ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
just figured it out, never mind !
Learn and get certified!