BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is their a way to limit the Interior Elevation Depth? The automatic IE generates a view to the furthest wall, while I would only want to show up to a certain depth.

Does anyone know a command that can limit the depth?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oreosh8ke wrote:
Is their a way to limit the Interior Elevation Depth? The automatic IE generates a view to the furthest wall, while I would only want to show up to a certain depth.

Does anyone know a command that can limit the depth?
I might be off track, but try to slide/stretch the 'limit line'...it can stretch to meet your required distance/depth.
limits.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
No. I've tried to stretch the limit line but it does nothing with the depth of the horizontal distance. I was hoping that the interior elevation is similar to the elevation or section markers. I only find the limit line dictating the distance from left to right and not the depth.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oreosh8ke wrote:
I only find the limit line dictating the distance from left to right and not the depth.
Strange, I was able to adjust depth. Just like how it shows in the image I posted earlier.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I have never had good experience with the Interior Elev Tool. I use the Section Tool for interiors.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a look at James Murrays site. He has a good explanation of the int elev tool and its limitations -

http://www.onland.info/archives/2008/03/interior_elevation_tool.php
Eduardo Rolon
The IE tool unlike the Section and the different Elevation tool do not have a horizontal limit. The IE will continue until it hits a wall. There are workarounds the easiest is not to use it and use a regular Section…

that might be why Junior is able to do it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to clarify..I am using the interior marker tools and have been able to adjust depth. I suggest the same as Peter and visit James Murray's site.
I think I know why you can't adjust the depth. It probably has to do with the geometry method you are using.

I should make a note (I just noticed) that you cannot stretch depth when you use/insert the marker as an individual...it should be as a group....so use methods 2, 3 or 4.....and the ones that you don't need can easily be removed afterwards....which is also further explained in James Murray's site.

See attached image for a visual: ( I apologize for the extremely big image...don't know why its shown that way )
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!

Great help!
Learn and get certified!