BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is there a way to make a story relavent?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My reflected ceiling plan is two stories above the ground floor and my electrical plan is drawn on the ground floor (base plan with electrical symbols)
the lights are all custom objects that I created, but the display across stories will not allow me to show two stories up on these. There is a catagory called all relavent stories. Would like to be able to set my reflected ceiling plan as a relevent story, is this posible?
If not I guess I could move that story down one story in the story settings.
Right now the story directly over my ground floor is called upper cabinets.

Just want all the recessed down lights and other ceiling fixtures to show on the reflected ceiling plan so if I need to move them around I will only have to do it once.

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
You could place one saved view (first story and 3rd? story) on top of the other in the Layout.

All relevant stories takes in consideration that the Z (height) of the object intersects with the "Floor Plan Cut" Settings. So if the object is placed on the first story but in elevation it is on the +2 level it should be shown.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried specifying a height above the cut plane, but it is just a 2d line and circle object, which is probably why it doesn't show. I thought about the overlay in the layout, but I need to dimension the fixture locations somewhere? Maybe I will overlay the lights on the reflected ceiling plan in that layout and just go ahead and put the dimensions on the electrical plan. Or, I suppose I could isolate the dimensions on a separate layer and overlay the ceiling fixtures and the dimensions on the reflected ceiling plan layout and then do a open source view with layout as reference to adjust the dimensions.
The possibilities are endless aren't they?

Thanks,

Jon

ejrolon wrote:
You could place one saved view (first story and 3rd? story) on top of the other in the Layout.

All relevant stories takes in consideration that the Z (height) of the object intersects with the "Floor Plan Cut" Settings. So if the object is placed on the first story but in elevation it is on the +2 level it should be shown.
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.

I kinda get what you are trying to do. A couple of screenshots would be better; because by the sound of it, you could place them on the next story and show them one above and one down or you could just show them in all stories. I assume that is not possible.

Without some more info, I would also overlay them in layout.

If you still want to use the All relevant stories option, you would need to add this to the PARAMETERS script:

!SET THE PARAMETERS 'AC_TOPLEVEL' AND 'AC_BOTTOMLEVEL' USING THE PARAMETERS COMMAND
PARAMETERS ac_bottomlevel=0
PARAMETERS ac_toplevel=ZZYZX
You can then use that option provided the height of your object intersects with the cutting plane of the stories you want it to show in.

Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jon
A quick fix for this scenario would be to create RCP's for both stories and
simply over lay them in the layout book.
When you're actually working in the model just trace reference the other RCP.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for the input,

What I did is working nicely. I created a separate layer for the ceiling fixture dimensions and turned all layers off except the dimension layer and the ceiling fixture layer on my electrical plan. I had placed a hot spot on the corner of the building first. Saved the view and overlayed it on the reflected ceiling plan layout then opened the sourse view with the layout as reference. All my ceiling fixtures are now on the reflected ceiling plan and I can dimension the fixture locations. Any future changes to fixture locations on the electrical plan will be updated on the reflected ceiling plan.

Thanks again for the help,

Jonathan
Learn and get certified!