Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

JOINING SLABS, EDIT COMMANDS IN PANELS?

Anonymous
Not applicable
how can i join two slabs, one next to the other, into one?
i tried with solid elements but it doesnt work?

also does anybody know if there are any toolbars or panels with buttons representing edit commands (like mirror-copy, move-copy, move, array, etc) in archicad? like there are in all other programs like rhino, autocad...

thanks !!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
SEO should work (using the addition option) however you will have to keep the second slab on a hidden layer (to retain the seo) and the combined area will not appear in 2d view.

Instead, select one slab, switch to slab tool and left-click on an edge or node of the selected slab; on the side palette that appears, select the addition button (the one with a "+" symbol) and use the magic wand tool (by holding down space bar) to click the edge of the second slab. This adds the shape of the second slab to the first; you can now delete the second slab.
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can't join two slabs. You can 'add' the area of the second one to the first using the magic wand command.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
idestk wrote:
how can i join two slabs, one next to the other, into one?
i tried with solid elements but it doesnt work?

also does anybody know if there are any toolbars or panels with buttons representing edit commands (like mirror-copy, move-copy, move, array, etc) in archicad? like there are in all other programs like rhino, autocad...

thanks !!!!
I believe the SEO works only when the two elements overlap at least a bit.
It they only join neaning they have a common edge, that is not enough for the SEO to work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27