Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Looong time to display settings screen for cabling elements

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason AC13 has started to count elements before displaying the settings screen. It does not matter if it is the carrier, bend, Tee or More fixtures.

When I select a single or multiple cable elements and press CTRL-T, AC displayes a smaill window titled "Elements" and I can see the counter xxxx/5250 on the second line. The xxxx part counts up from 1.

This does not happen for Pipeworks or Ductworks.

This happens on all the machines that I have installed this version on. (AC13 64 bit Build 3235 running under Win 7 Build 7600)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a wild guess: do you have an IFC work environment? Just reset the default work environment via Options/Work Environment/Work Evironment Profiles. Click Standard Profile and Apply schemes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Master Script, but it has not made any difference.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
solitaire:

I think Master Script is close to the problem. Go to Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes and check the settings for each tool you having a problem with, they probably have the ifc 2x3 panel visible. Change this panel to not visible and save the changes to your Work Environment, this should solve the problem (assuming you are not using the IFC aspects of the parts).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David; following both Mastr Script's and your suggestions I disabled the IFC 2X3 addon and things are back to normal.

You are right I do not use IFC.

Thanks again guys, this has removeda major irritant from an otherwse good product.