BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

MEP Questions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am very new to the MEP modeler. I have a couple of questions so far.

1. How do I create a duct bend with different connection sizes? The connections have the same height, but different widths. Is this possible? or do I have to model a transition as well?

2. Are there any duct caps in the library? I was looking through the library and couldn't find any.

If anyone could help me out, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

-David
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I want duct end caps too.
I can't believe you design a duct system without the ability to add end caps - pipes also.
David your duct bend is easy.
On the bend dialogue box under "MEP Custom Settings" select the "Connections" tab
In this tab you will see a button saying "Main 1" - this is your inlet connection size.
Click on "Main 1" and you can choose "Main 2" which is you outlet connection size. You can select it the same as Main 1 or give it different sizes
Picture 1.png
Karl Ottenstein
mclean wrote:
I can't believe you design a duct system without the ability to add end caps - pipes also.
You can model whatever end condition you want and save it as a custom MEP part. There are four duct terminals included in the library, accessed with the Duct Terminal Tool.

If by end cap, you mean a solid flow-blocking cap, then nothing could be easier to model, but I agree that Graphisoft should have provided a parametric cap rather than forcing the user to model the cap. Perhaps in Version 2.

Cheers,
Karl
Duct Terminal.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have problem to create part of HVAC system on picture. I can make it as two parts:

1) TRANSITION with connections 200x48 and 255x48 - it is no problem

but problem is to make:

2) BEND with two different sized connections - one is 255x48 and second one 255x100.

Any ideas please?
Learn and get certified!