BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Maybe Silly. Probably not Necessary. Leader Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
So all of a sudden I cannot double click with my arrow tool to get into the modifying text box of the note.

Any ideas?

I don't mean going through the Label Settings dialogue box.

And I CAN double click with in the label to modify the text if I have the Label tool selected.

I used to be able to do that with my arrow tool selected.

So not a big deal. And there are a million ways around it. But still good to know and understand what how things work around here right?
13 REPLIES 13
Brad Elliott
Booster
I'm on 10 and Mac but I have to click once to select the note (I presume we are talking about the Label Tool) and then double click to edit the text for a total of three clicks. And I can't click too fast. Click, pause, item now selected, double click.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, usually me too.
Not anymore. Seems strange.

It is actually a coworker having this problem.
Let me see if he has this issue in other projects on his computer.
I am not having the problem on mine.

I'll be back.
__archiben
Booster
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Yes, usually me too.
Not anymore. Seems strange.
i can double click from both the arrow tool and from any other tool whilst holding SHIFT. 2 clicks and i'm editing.

make sure that the display order isn't effecting things. for example, if you have a fill with a transparent background, or a detail marker boundary, over the top of the label it will get those first. in that case you would need to have the label tool active in your toolbox for the label to take selection priority.

why anyone still uses the arrow tool is beyond me though - just hold SHIFT from anywhere and you have arrow tool functionality...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Jesikuh123 wrote:
/..........
Any ideas?
/........
By chance ave you turned the magnet off?
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Rod wrote:
Jesikuh123 wrote:
/..........
Any ideas?
/........
By chance ave you turned the magnet off?
I mentioned in another thread how I always turn off the magnet tool. So, in addition to using the shift-space chord action for selecting items without changing to the arrow, I also automatically apply that technique to editing text--no matter what tool is active.

It's a great "catch all" key action that saves so much time!
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
It didn't seem to be an issue with the magnet selected or not.
I guess maybe it was just a weird thing in that specific project.
But, in any event, they guy just copied averything into a new file and started over so I guess we don't need ot figure out what was wrong with it.

Rex- what are you talking about with the shift-space?

I know I can press shift anytime to get ahold of anything while doing anything. But what is the space all about?
Pete
Newcomer
Ahhh, I see. Space first then shift. Space invokes a temporary magnet so you can leave the magnet off if you want and press space when you need it. Thanks Rex.
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rex,

I didn't know about turning off the magnet tool and using space bar to activate. Space bar = magic wand : just an old silly habit...

Thanks for sharing
Anonymous
Not applicable
This, I did not know either.

I see that it also works Vice Versa. Magnet On- Press Space Bar= Magnet Off.

I don't know that I see what advantage this brings me, but I will be remebering that it is there, and making some use of it.

OH- and, I went to tell a couple co -workers about it and they allready knew about it- from a while ago even. I hate it when I do that. Humbles me a little though.
Learn and get certified!