BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Need some help on various things..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm taking a drafting class in my high school and ArchiCAD is one of the programs we use. we have ArchiCAD 12 (I don't know if that makes a difference or not). But anyways, we have to make a building with various things and I can't exactly remember how to do them.

it has to be a + or - 5% of a 500 sq ft 'single family apartment' with carport (one of 10 units[what does this mean?])

Hip roof. I hear that's the defaut setting? how do I apply the roof?

2x6 ext. stucco walls.
2x4 interior walls.
2x8 plumbing (wet) walls.

what does the "2x#" mean? and how do I change that?

Master bedroom (studio layout) with full bath and W.I.C.
what is studio layout and WIC?

If I can be educated on what those mean that would be great, or even if I was told where to find it.

thanks alot!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
styliztik wrote:
Hi, I'm taking a drafting class in my high school and ArchiCAD is one of the programs we use. we have ArchiCAD 12 (I don't know if that makes a difference or not). But anyways, we have to make a building with various things and I can't exactly remember how to do them.

it has to be a + or - 5% of a 500 sq ft 'single family apartment' with carport (one of 10 units[what does this mean?])
This means there are 10 units in the "block" of apartments
styliztik wrote:
Hip roof. I hear that's the defaut setting? how do I apply the roof?
Use the geometry method shown as selected in the image below. Set your roof parameters (setout height - (wall height where it meets the roof), slope angle, thickness (nominal), materials etc.) then you just need to trace the outline of your walls, adjust any final settings and hit OK. Your roof planes will automatically join at hips / valleys.
styliztik wrote:
2x6 ext. stucco walls.
2x4 interior walls.
2x8 plumbing (wet) walls.

what does the "2x#" mean? and how do I change that?
This is the size of your framing timber. The second number refers to the thickness of the wall, which is what you set your wall thickness to in Archicad wall settings.
styliztik wrote:
Master bedroom (studio layout) with full bath and W.I.C.
what is studio layout and WIC?
Not sure what the 'merican definition of Studio is, but WIC is probably "Walk In Closet" (bigger than a cupboard)

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art,

I went in early today to clarify some things with my teacher.
But yes, thanks A LOT. You reminded me that I didn't clarify everything, but then told me how to do it. thanks alot.
Learn and get certified!