BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No color picker window!

toofuerte
Contributor
I have had this problem several times and don't know how to fix it and it may be related to another problem I have had with tool bars. When I try to change the basic color in a material or a pen color I click on the color box and then everything grays out, like a new window opens up, but there is no new window and if I press anything else other than escape everything is frozen and I have to force quit the program. I have had some Problems similar to this in that tool bars disappear, they are showing as selected active but they do not show on the screen. It is like they where moved off the screen. Is there a way to contain these things or fix this problem? Please help and the picker problem is exclusive to my one computer if that helps. I feel I have had similar problems with a Windows XP as well.
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
Have you been changing display resolutions lately?

There's a command in the display preferences "Gather Windows" that can help.
Dwight Atkinson
toofuerte
Contributor
Well, the gather windows only when more than one display is connected and I only have one, 24 inch imac.

I feel that there is a control in Archicad that tells where to place the toolbars and palettes on the screen, but if you move the palette it changes where it will pop up next time and since I have moved that palette several times it's center point to the center of the screen is now way out in the next room so it does not show up on the screen. There needs to be a way to reset that or change it, because if you expand and look at all screens they never show because they are not "windows" they are toolbars. I tried resetting the work environment by making everything default and still not finding them.

I use to work on a WindowsXP for a long time and I think I had a similar problem, but I never resolved or figured it out.
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
Learn and get certified!