Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Objects Dashed in One Story Down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is it possible to show Objects Dashed in One Story Down? Even-though I have checked off "Use Symbol LineTypes" and in Preferences the "Below Home Story" is Dashed, still I see solid line?
Thanks,
Joseph harouni
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, universally as a preference. Just go to Preferences, Construction Elements. You can control what line type to use for elements below and above their home story. Of course, this effects all elements that are shown on multiple stories. May not be the desired effect you are after. I don't think you can control this individually unless the odject has scripting that allows for this.

I hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, check to see if the dash line you are using doesn't have dashes that are too large that can make th eline look like it is solid especially if the object in question is small or very detailed with short line segments
Anonymous
Not applicable
virtual-e-home wrote:
Also, check to see if the dash line you are using doesn't have dashes that are too large that can make th eline look like it is solid especially if the object in question is small or very detailed with short line segments
Thank You this is the issue, object too small and dashes too long. I wonder if there is GDL scripting as you mentioned?
Thanks,
Joseph