BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Old pmk files?

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
We have title blocks and many details that were saved as plotmaker drawings years ago. It seems evident that pmk's are well on their way out. How do most of you save/create these drawings? dxf, dwf, etc.?
We have been importing details into a detail window, then making minor modifications for that particular job. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Stephen wrote:
We have title blocks and many details that were saved as plotmaker drawings years ago. It seems evident that pmk's are well on their way out. How do most of you save/create these drawings? dxf, dwf, etc.?
We have been importing details into a detail window, then making minor modifications for that particular job. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve
Place all into layouts; open in 9, and then you can open them in 10/11

Title blocks should go into respective Masters. Details can be organized in a separate file and used as unlinked details straight from there. Other content? If no editing is required, then you can use them as linked external views.

No need to go the DWG way ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
JaredBanks
Mentor
So without v9 you can't take PMKs into 11 and edit them directly? I am at a firm that was using 8.1 until I started and I am in the process of moving things over to 11 directly from 8.1 (they never got 9 or 10).

I'm guessing it's saving as dwgs and openning in 11?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
TomWaltz
Participant
Plotmaker 9 let you convert the PMKs to file links. If you contact your reseller, they should have a copy you can use (and your AC11 key will work for it)
Tom Waltz
JaredBanks
Mentor
Interesting. I will have to contact the reseller about getting a copy of 9. One of the guys in the office has a machine too old for 11, but if I could get him up to 9, that'd be a start too!! Excellent.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Learn and get certified!