BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Opening Archicad trial version files on another computer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am trying to open an archicad file created through a trial version on a different computer. However the software on the second computer which is also a trial version does not open it. it says" this file can be opened only on the computer it was created". I urgently need this file and I am unable to open it on the computer I created it on. Any advise would be appreciated. thanks.
chaand
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
Trials can only be opened in the computer and the installed trial version that created it.
Files created on a trial version are encoded, and can only be opened with the copy of ArchiCAD that had created them. If you uninstall this copy of ArchiCAD, you will not be able to open the files anymore, not even if you install ArchiCAD again with the same serial number. If you already uninstalled ArchiCAD trial, the only way to open the files created with it is to try to recover the uninstalled copy of ArchiCAD
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dear, Eduardo. I used a trial version to create a project and it has expired. I've tried to download another version using a new profile and a new Archicad installation on the exactly same machine. Still doesn't work. Have I lost the files for good?? No other way to access it? Even if I bought the licence? Thanks

Eduardo Rolon

It will not work. You should get in contact with your reseller and see if he can do something about it.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!