BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Problem in creating Staircase

Mr Architect
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate any assistance. Since I'm having trouble creating a staircase, I've also attached the snaps.

Problem #1: How can we create a Double landing staircase at levels 2nd to 3rd?

Problem #2: We are making a staircase at level (3rd to 7th). How can we create a multistory stair from level 3rd to 7th and connect both?

Problem #3: We are having a railing connection issue, it's detached from the landing at every floor. How can we solve this issue?
I'll be appreciative!

a.jpg

b.jpg

  

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

The flights of a single stair can not cross over each other.

So as the stair repeats above the one below, you actually have to create a new stair.

So in your case, first flight, landing and second flight can be one stair.

Then a new stair for the next flight, landing, flight.

You can actually copy and paste the stairs if the floor to floor height is the same, and if it is not it is easy to adjust.

Watch this video, it is in the last 20 seconds you will see them duplicate the stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Lf5LuFa14

There is a hole playlist of videos for stairs that may help as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZV6XqGyc4&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWWIb70Jj3kq1o4dY9ZVuEWh

And there is a playlist for the railing tool as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-1ISnvZbY&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWWfi_uS2BwmRUa5VJkEmrZO

The railing can be placed as one continuous railing from bottom to top.

Unlike the stairs, it can wrap over itself.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution

You can't merge stairs.

I am not sure if there is a technique to magic wand the railings to all of the stairs at once.

I thought I had seen something in one of the videos, but I am not sure about that and I would have to watch trough them all to find it.

I never use more than one flight of continuous stair, so it is not something I am familiar with.

I know you can manually associate the railing to all of the stairs, or you can magic wand one railing and then extend the end of the reference line along the other stairs.

Does anyone know a way to attach a single railing to multiple continuous flights of stairs?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

I would isolate them all in 3D. You should then, with the railing tool active, be able to click on the bottom node, then top node of each stairs relevant stair going up?

Stair 1 base => Stair 1 top => Landing corner 1 => Landing corner 2 => Stair 2 base => Stair 2 top => etc.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Barry Kelly

The flights of a single stair can not cross over each other.

So as the stair repeats above the one below, you actually have to create a new stair.

So in your case, first flight, landing and second flight can be one stair.

Then a new stair for the next flight, landing, flight.

You can actually copy and paste the stairs if the floor to floor height is the same, and if it is not it is easy to adjust.

Watch this video, it is in the last 20 seconds you will see them duplicate the stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Lf5LuFa14

There is a hole playlist of videos for stairs that may help as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZV6XqGyc4&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWWIb70Jj3kq1o4dY9ZVuEWh

And there is a playlist for the railing tool as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-1ISnvZbY&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWWfi_uS2BwmRUa5VJkEmrZO

The railing can be placed as one continuous railing from bottom to top.

Unlike the stairs, it can wrap over itself.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Mr Architect
Contributor

Hi Barry,
Can you please tell me how I can merge two stairs (Double landing & Multistory) before using the magic wand tool for the creation of a railing? 
Thanks!

Mr Architect
Contributor

I tried using the magic wand tool and dragging the points, but the alignment wasn't precise.

R2.JPG

R1.JPG

  

Solution

You can't merge stairs.

I am not sure if there is a technique to magic wand the railings to all of the stairs at once.

I thought I had seen something in one of the videos, but I am not sure about that and I would have to watch trough them all to find it.

I never use more than one flight of continuous stair, so it is not something I am familiar with.

I know you can manually associate the railing to all of the stairs, or you can magic wand one railing and then extend the end of the reference line along the other stairs.

Does anyone know a way to attach a single railing to multiple continuous flights of stairs?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

I would isolate them all in 3D. You should then, with the railing tool active, be able to click on the bottom node, then top node of each stairs relevant stair going up?

Stair 1 base => Stair 1 top => Landing corner 1 => Landing corner 2 => Stair 2 base => Stair 2 top => etc.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Mr Architect
Contributor

Thank you so much, @Barry Kelly and @Lingwisyer. I will try my best!

Mr Architect
Contributor

Hello @Barry Kelly and @Lingwisyer,

I had a follow-up question. Getting a section with the area different hatches and line weights is the task I have assigned myself while setting up a sheet. Using brick walls for the upper side and concrete walls for the lower, I created from the "wall structure" for the section.

Issue #1: The bottom concrete wall failed to display the distinct concrete pattern as in my inspiration, as shown in this image.
Issue #2: How can I change the line weights for the two patterns in my section?

I will be grateful.

Best wishes for you guys,
-Abdul.

Issue 2nd day.jpg

Hello Barry,

I had a follow-up question. Getting a section with the area different hatches and line weights is the task I have assigned myself while setting up a sheet. Using brick walls for the upper side and concrete walls for the lower, I created from the "wall structure" for the section.

Issue #1: The bottom concrete wall failed to display the distinct concrete pattern as in my inspiration, as shown in this image.

Issue 2nd day.jpg

My task is to create  the view exactly (by model) as it is, with the inspiration provided.

stiars inspiration.jpg

I will be grateful.

Best,
-Abdul.

Hello Lingwisyer,

Issue 2nd day.jpg

My task is to create  the view exactly (by model) as it is, with the inspiration provided.

stiars inspiration.jpg

I will be grateful.

Best,
-Abdul.

Learn and get certified!