BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with my wall connection

Averrell
Participant

Hi everyone!

(sorry for my english i'm french)

I want to know why i can't modify wall like polyline like before (i remenber the last time when i use archicad 26 i modify wall like polyline, now i need to select each part aff the wall).

the things i want is that when i select a wall (not a solo part but a square if a draw a square or a polygone if i draw a polygone with wall tool) with "black" dots at corner not the yellow or brown dots), and after i can modify wall "group" (not a real group 😅) like a polyline.

Now my wall wall are in group... so i disable "automatic group", i disable "disable group" when i draw wall (to have black dots in corner) but now all my wall are "split" and if i want to modify the gemetry i need to select each part  (the connection in the corner are good),it seemed to me that before all the walls of the same geometry were selected when i "click" on only one parts of the wall. 

my current wall selection with automatic group:

Capture d'écran 2023-07-20 102100.png

a "solo" selction, but i draw all the wall with the rectangular wall tool... (i got the same thing with "polyline/chain wall")

Capture d’écran 2023-07-20 144721.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Lingwisyer
Guru

Leave Automatic Group on, and just toggle groups (alt + g) when you need to modify them?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!