BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem working with 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there.

I am using Archicad 16 3006 INT.

I have a Macbook pro
Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8
2Ghz Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3

Every time I am working in 3D it crashes when i select an element or try to move/ elevate/ draw something regardless of the size of the project.

I had the same problem with Archicad 15, too.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I have not had this experience with AC15 or AC16. Just have to ask if you are working on a licenced version and not a crack.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using a licensed EDU version of archicad 16.

It is very annoying because in archicad 16 you are supposed to work at 3D a lot.

Do you know who can i ask if find no answer here?
Karl Ottenstein
You say you're running build 3006. In the EDU version, does Help > Check for Updates not show the 3014 hotfix:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC16-3006to3014-ReleaseNotes.html

Try updating to see if that resolves the crash.

Otherwise, it might (??) be because you are still running Snow Leopard? This page:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD16#Compatibility
does say that 16 should run on 10.6 but also notes that Graphisoft did not test that version of OS X.

Other possibility... you didn't give the exact model ... but does your Macbook Pro graphics card have the option of 'switching' between mobile and high performance modes? If so, select high performance and see if that helps...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl Ottenstein thank you very much for your time.

I am using the latest version of Archicad and the problem exists.

I tried changing graphic change but i saw no difference.

I am thinking of doing a format on my operating system.

I had the same problem with archicad 15 so is it possible to be a hardware problem with the graphic card?

On the other hand no other problem (e.g. sketchup, c4d) has problems with 3d Working. Archicad 16 Browses 3d without any problem but when i click a node in order to modify an element it crashed everytime.
Learn and get certified!