BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Random Materials in Hotlinked Modules.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have random materials appearing in the master file on the hotlinked modules.
The house .pln file contain the correct materials in the 3D view and is saved out as .mod files for the varies levels. The .mod file are them hotlinked into the varies site files.
Now when I view the 3D of the hotlinked .mod files in the site plan I have random materials showing. Sometimes I get in the object (slab, wall, library part) settings the material is present in the model section and not present in the materials section, other times I get the error/warning as in the attachment.

Being a .mod file you can't change the material.
As a work around I have deleted the .mod file and re install the hotlink to fix the problem but some time this does not work.

I have appended the materials into the site file and still get the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brendon
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Material error in hotlinked module
Material.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a bit hard to figure what's up. The image you posted is of a material settings pane and not an error dialog.

Are the materials actually random or are they just different? It is possible that the site file has some different and conflicting materials attributes from the MOD files.

Do all the linked files have the same materials attributes? You can check this in attribute manager. Check to see that the index numbers and names match from one file to the other.
Learn and get certified!