BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Recently updated AC; problem opening projects "greyed o

Anonymous
Not applicable
We recently updated archicad to latest build (2172)... (yesterday)

We are experiencing a very unusual bug.

When going to File>Open... Some of our project folders are greyed out. In other words we cannot select or enter the project folder to select the pln file which we want to open. This is the case for only some of our project folders.

We have not altered how or where these folders or projects are setup, they are part of our office standard.

In the open file dialogue, the default is "Enable:All Files" which shows the said folders as grey. We tried the other options (eg "Enable:All ArchiCAD Projects"... etc) with no result.

Interestingly, we can open the project folders in Finder (the operating system), and drag the pln's into ArchiCAD, and they open fine.

The same greyed out problem occurs for File>Merge -but we can select the folders when we go to File>Save As... !!!!!!!!!

When we updated AC, we had no apps open or anything, and have not changed the project folders in any way, so i can't think of any reason why AC has disabled these. The only other thing we did was run the routine MacOSX Software Update , but I can't think why that would effect AC.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

(ps the same situation occurs when our other machines try to access the project folders through the network, so it is not a problem with the application on any one machine, seems to be universal) -weird

cheers (hope not too long-winded)

lochie
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
Build 2172 introduced a 27-character file/folder name limit.

Do you have a long file name?

If so, join the campaign and start emailing GS with your displeasure!
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Not happy

Thanks for that. I think I might just do that

Gee... If I get started emailing Graphisoft, i might not be able to stop with suggestions

I'l love there to be a folder structure in the materials list

Why can't you split an element from a line originating from a division node?

Why don't they fix the bug that won't let you start a line-segment or polyline a certain distance from a reset origin????????????????????????????????????????

anyway, thanks... could we start a post with bugs/suggestions we can compile to give to graphisoft?

loch
TomWaltz
Participant
... and the polyline thing is based off whether your Pet Palette is set to follow your cursor or go to a predefined location.

There's nothing official, but a lot of people are upset about it.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!