BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Resizing

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all thanks for a great forum, it has helped me immensely!

Can I resize elements (say a slab) numerically and/or non-constrained? If my slab is 10m x 20m and I want it 15m x 20m, can I just enter those distances somewhere? Alternatively can I click and drag to stretch the whole slab but not constrained? At the moment I drag each corner point to the new location but that seems a bit cumbersome. I come from a very strong graphics background and am so used to clicking on a shape and typing in the size I want it to be.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Henry

To offset the edge of a slab pick the edge instead of the corner node (after selecting it) and you get a few different options in the pet palette.

Hover over the pet palette buttons for tool tips to see what each does.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
The "F" key cycles through the different options of the pet palette for non mouse control of which pet palette to use. The offset edge is quite powerful and I find I use it all the time. Placing a "-"minus or "+" sign after your numeric input will either subtract from or add to you current curser position. This is also powerful, but if you are using imperial units and entering a whole foot value, you will need to press the minus sign twice since the first instance is interpreted as a separator for feet and inches.
Learn and get certified!