BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD 10 Hotfix (1187) is now available

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
This Hotfix includes critical fixes for ArchiCAD 10 . As always, this Hotfix installs on any of the previous builds of ArchiCAD 10, from 815 and above. Applies to Commercial and Educational licenses too. Currently, INT, USA and AUS language versions are available, others follow this and next week.

A Hotfix for ArchiCAD 11 is planned to be released next week.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
14 REPLIES 14
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Wow -- A hotfix for a previous release, and Library Update/hotfix for a new version so soon! This is nice to see...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
.......A Hotfix for ArchiCAD 11 is planned to be released next week.
Love it but do not rush it; more (known) bugs out the better.
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow -- A hotfix for a previous release, and Library Update/hotfix for a new version so soon! This is nice to see...
... No. It's not 'nice' to see. What it means is that GS released AC11 without sufficient testing.
TomWaltz
Participant
Mark wrote:
... No. It's not 'nice' to see. What it means is that GS released AC11 without sufficient testing.
Not really. AC11 had a LOT of testers. I think the problem is the nature of Beta testing in general. Most people are not willing to put a real project into a test version, so they only fiddle around with the test versions they get and do not find a lot of the bugs until they actually use it on a real project.

By the time the new version is stable enough to trust with a real project, it's too late in the development process to actually fix the bugs before the release. The only way to get a longer testing period though would be to have a shorter development period, meaning even fewer new/updated features (though this does bring us back to the argument of why an 18 month release cycle was better).

I think we're seeing two groups, one setting demands and the other working to make them happen: GS Marketing who wants a 12-month upgrade cycle (and I suspect are the ones who control what the new feature demands are) and GS Development who have to try to meet it. Ever been given an impossible deadline by someone who had no idea what it involves? I think that's the position the GS Development team finds itself in. Once they're done, the Tech Support team steps in and has to fix whatever was not done in development. It's almost like having one architectural team to do the initial drawings under an unreal deadline then having another team fix their mistakes on the construction site.

To their credit, GS Tech Support team has bugs fixed in this service pack that were not submitted until after the release. I'm very pleased with the fast turnaround.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
(though this does bring us back to the argument of why an 18 month release cycle was better).
yep. that's my major complaint actually - more features that users want and less releases. A lot of users/companies I know won't start using the new releases for about 6 months after the release date so that the bugs are taken care of - which kind of makes a year cycle somewhat daft.

Though I'm finding AC11 a much better release than 10 - had soo many headaches with 10..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please tell me it ain't so.
I just "upgraded?" to the latest build (1187) yesterday with library and goodies.Now in an ongoing project with about 20 sheets all set up the grid tool fails to display properly in all sections and elevations. All the markers in a building section appear stacked on top of each other in one location. In wall sections they may or may not show up at all. All the formatting of the markers has changed back to default. I tried placing a new grid in plan with the same results
Has anybody else seen this?
Any tips on how to un-upgrade easily?

Dave
Grid Bust.png
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dave wrote:
Please tell me it ain't so.
I just "upgraded?" to the latest build (1187) yesterday with library and goodies. The grid tool fails to display properly in all sections and elevations. All the markers in a building section appear stacked on top of each other in one location.

Dave
Dave,

This seems to be a bug in the 1187 version of the Grid Tool Goodie. We have replaced this with version 1183 on our goodies webpage. Please visit the page and install the 1183 version from there. You do not need to (and we do not recommend to) roll back ArchiCAD to build 1183. Just replace the Add-On.

Thanks for your post - you probably saved others from hitting the same problem.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
you probably saved others from hitting the same problem.
But alas not me! I backgraded to 1183. But this time I kept a complete copy of the upgraded folder so that change out will be easy enough.
Thanks.

Dave
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the AC10 (1187) Save files to a smaller PLN? I had a small project that went from a saved file size of 10.4 MB to now only 3.2 MB. I do not know what else to think of that could account for the File size change.
Learn and get certified!