BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotated Images Don't Print !

Dennis Lee
Booster
Is this a bug or a long time limitation of the program?
Can't imagine why it won't print. I thought we are way past WYSIWYG stages of software development...
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a problem where a PDF that has been saved in landscape, then brought into AC will display ok, but not print properly. This drives me insane on a daily basis. Not sure if it's related...

How are you bringing in the image? what sort of file is the image?
Dennis Lee
Booster
I originally brought in TIF files, and overlay a 50% fill over them to tone them down. The TIF images won't print at all, no matter what. I even made them 0 degree rotated.

I found a WIKI article that says ArchiCAD doesn't like images over 1 MB (In this day and age!) in size. I couldn't get the image down below 1 MB, until I tried the PDF format - which did make it down to 500 KB.

Now, I brought in a PDF file, and everything looks fine on screen, but when I print, the PDF image print upside down.

I am losing confidence in AC. I am really disappointed. Come on! this is basic stuff. If I cannot print what I see on screen - how do I have the confidence to continue working on this kind of software???
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
Tom, I changed the PDf to Portrait (even though the image is a landscape orientation of course) and reimported the file. I rotated the PDF in AC, and now it prints fine.

This is really insane. AC doesn't like rotated TIF's, images over 1MB, and PDF files saved in landscape orientation,....what else?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
yip, it's very annoying. have you tried saving the tif as a bmp or png. it seems to like them better.
Learn and get certified!