BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO in 3D but not in plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
i can do the SEO (Solid Element Operation) in 3D

elevation can show

but can't show in plan
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
That's correct. SEO has no effect on plans at all.
Tom Waltz
Thomas Holm
Booster
If the illustration shows all you want, I think the easiest way accomplish it is to insert thinner wall segments at the recessions. This will work in all views.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try using a niche placed with the window tool for recess's like that.

I've attached an edited version which may be useful.

It has greater 2d control over pens and fill colours than the standard. I also tweaked how it displays with the 'bold cutlines' on-screen view option and also added contour line display control.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a piccy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
That's correct. SEO has no effect on plans at all.
that sounds strange............ i suppose BIM's modeling method would use the model to output the 2D drawings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
angus wrote:
that sounds strange............ i suppose BIM's modeling method would use the model to output the 2D drawings.
the 3d view is only a visualisation of the model. The 3d isn't the physical model. Your model is depending of what objects you put there, and this objects could be seen in 2d or in 3d or both in 2d and 3d. ArchiCad supports BIM, but what you see is depending of how the objects that are in the model works.
BIM isn't 2d or 3d, it's a description of the building, and SEO in ArchiCad could not change how a object would work, only how it would look in 3d.
Djordje
Ace
In general:

SEO is good if you don't know other ways.

Other ways, some dating back to the dawn of ArchiCAD time, do show properly throughout.

So, call me old fashioned - the less SEO the better.

Peter showed you the way ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!