BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Section/Elevation problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done a search and can't find anything relating to this, so sorry if it's repeated.

In AC10 (first build, no hotfixes) Sections and Elevations are sometimes not drawing the whole model on a rebuild.

For example, in the image attached, you can see a giant white patch where the roof of the building is supposed to be. It's been there up until now, but sometimes after making an alteration and rebuilding the view, it goes away. Other times, it does what you can see in the second image - rebuilds most of the model but leaves a few bits out.

As far as I can work out, there is no pattern or particular reason this happens. Also, it only seems to happen to roofs in elevation and section, and windows in section.

To fix it, I have to move the section line a millimeter or 2, do a rebuild, and hopefully it fixes. But sometimes it doesn't. hmmm.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moving those section lines gets old quick. This has been discussed and it is an issue. I have not had the problem as of late so I would recommend downloading and installing the latest patches. I can't verify that this has been resolved, but I sure hope so. I can't recall completely, but I think even though items were missing in the "drawing" views the section/elevations displayed correctly in the layouts.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Just out of curiosity, do you have your S/E set to autoupdate?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I searched the forum and this topic seemed most related, though the posting is a perhaps a little old.

Periodically, and inconsistently, elevations and sections whose layouts are set to autoupdate will print (to a printer or to a PDF) lacking elements of (what I believe to be) a single layer, often the roof. It is not as though the elements are missing (there is nothing exposed in the model that would have been hidden), rather, the whole patch of drawing where an element was simply doesn't print.
Weirdly, the missing information IS visible in the layout in AC, so I think it is a funny thing happening on the way to the printer.
This isn't about visible layers or layer combos or pen sets, and seems only to happen on autoupdate. If I manually update the drawing, and then print, it prints fine.

Is anyone else having this occur?
It seems buggish to me.

Thanks - -
John
Learn and get certified!