Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Selection and formating 101 question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in need of reformating the graphic setting for all the windows on my building.

Currently they show the window bug on all the floor plans. For current print set I'll be sending out, I do not need them shown.

Question A: How can I select all windows in the project? Like a select all of a similer type, window type, etc.

Question B: Is there a way to make a global (project file wide) change to format how all windows display (or don't) their ID tags?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
To select all windows: make window tool active, hit CTRL-A (or CMD-A for mac?)

I don't know if it works for different window types as I use Door and Window Builder, but any changes to window settings should only effect those elements changed, not make all windows the same over all settings... I think.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect! Thanks

I didn't have the window tool selected when I was using ctrl-A previously... Nice!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works with any tool.

You can also combine it with a marquee if you don't want all items in the view. i.e. draw your marquee, select the appropriate tool, CTRL-A. Selects all of that tool within the marquee.

Enjoy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
and, if you need to select a particular object type across multiple stories you can use the same procedure from the 3D window with the same results.
"Find and Select" is a tool you should make friends with.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
seattleguy wrote:
Perfect! Thanks

I didn't have the window tool selected when I was using ctrl-A previously... Nice!
You don't absolutely need to have the window tool selected - you can just double click the window tool after everything has been selected. This is a really fast method if you need to edit many different types of elements one after each other.

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
Link wrote:
seattleguy wrote:
Perfect! Thanks

You don't absolutely need to have the window tool selected - you can just double click the window tool after everything has been selected. This is a really fast method if you need to edit many different types of elements one after each other.

Cheers,
Link.
On a related side note, you can also do something like that with dimensions. IF you select a whole bunch of dimensions the double-click the Text tool, it will open the menu for Dimension Text.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
TomWaltz wrote:
On a related side note, you can also do something like that with dimensions. IF you select a whole bunch of dimensions the double-click the Text tool, it will open the menu for Dimension Text.
Yes, it also applies to fill text, in a similar way.

Cheers,
Link.