BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Short cut key - Select and Activate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Good morning one and all

I have problem "select & Active tool" I could not find this one in main menu can you please tell me .
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
surender:

This depends on your Work Environment. I think the command you are looking for is Pick Up Parameters, but the easier way to activate a tool is to Option-Click (Mac) or Alt-Click (PC) on an existing element of the tool you want to use.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello ONe & all,

I have one issue, I'm unable to keep the short cut key for the "Select & Activate Tool". If you solution please send me with image, That one is very helpful my work space, If i will get that i must save the time for my jobs.

Have Great Day.

Thanks
Suri
Karl Ottenstein
Surender,

I still have no idea what command you mean by "Select and Activate" - the arrow tool? Or the eyedropper tool? or?

So, cannot really help without more info.

I've moved your post back into you original thread, which was in the proper forum.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
surender wrote:
Hello ONe & all,

I have one issue, I'm unable to keep the short cut key for the "Select & Activate Tool". If you solution please send me with image, That one is very helpful my work space, If i will get that i must save the time for my jobs.

Have Great Day.

Thanks
Suri
Why does the right click not work for you? Select and activate tool is the first on top, after the settings.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Eduardo Rolon
If I understand correctly you want a shortcut for the "select and activate" option, it is not a shortcut but a procedure. What you want to do is select the object and then hit the shortcut for that object, this will limit all the editing to that object.
For example if you want to do a "select and activate" on a slab the procedure is
1. select the slab with the arrow
2. hit your shortcut for the slab tool
3. there is no step three

Hope I understood correctly.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
surender wrote:
Hi,

Good morning one and all

I have problem "select & Active tool" I could not find this one in main menu can you please tell me .
if you are already able to assign a shortcut for 'select and activate tool' command, which is found, as Djordje helpfully points out, in the right click menu, then you are doing this in the 'work environment', yes?
if so, then all you have to do is save your shortcut scheme once you've assigned this shortcut and also ensure that the overall work environment profile you are using utilises the shortcut scheme you want. save the overall profile as something that makes sence and use that all the time.

if you are asking where to find the 'select & activate tool' within the shortcut schemes in the work environment, then i 'm sorry i can't help you.
rocorona
Booster
if you are already able to assign a shortcut for 'select and activate tool' command, which is found, as Djordje helpfully points out, in the right click menu, then you are doing this in the 'work environment', yes?

As far as I know, shortcuts can't be assigned to context menu items.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Djordje wrote:
Why does the right click not work for you? Select and activate tool is the first on top, after the settings.
Djordje is right, of course. Forgot it was there - as Xristina points, out, the command does not appear anywhere else in the interface or in the Help files. Screenshot of available commands attached.

Roberto - I have not looked since AC 10 or so, but there was an undocumented registry/plist setting which made the context menus available for editing. Was no reliable as I recall, and I also do not recall that it permitted shortcut assignment even then, as you say. (To all: undocumented registry/plist settings are use-at-your-own-risk, of course!)

Cheers,
Karl
Picture 1.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!