BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Showing Wall/Object lines in Elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am creating shop drawings for millwork. I have begun by using walls and slabs and then saving them as GSM files so that I can create a cut list for the client.

Currently my problem is elevations. the drawers, and doors are created with the wall tool. Because they are stacked and/or adjacent to each other in elevation, Archicad doesn't show the lines between them, and instead "heals" them together. Does anyone know how to get these parts to show their outer edges without drafting them in?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not following you 100% but try using duplicate (identical) materials with different names for the various parts that meet. Lines will be drawn where material varies based on material name.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I think that will do the trick.
rocorona
Booster
OR use the "normal way": Elements that should not link each other needs to stay on layers with a different "intersection group number" (the number you see next to the layer name, in the Layer setting window).

Every element, in ArchiCAD can "merge" only with other elements with the SAME intersection number.

The intersection number 0 (zero) is a special one. Elements in layers with this number are NEVER linked to others (not with other layers with zero, nor in the same layer).

Not sure to be clear, but do a try... or read this topic on the user manual

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
So further to the cut list project I am working on.....

I have all the component pieces saved as GSM files. Does anyone know of a method to layout the GSM shapes on a 60 x 120 inch panel, so that I can plan the cutting for the client? I would like to do so in such a way that my schedule quantity list is not messed up.

Thanks
Learn and get certified!