BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab Offset from .MOD to .PLN

cwstein
Participant

I'm working on a small apartment building. The unit is modeled separately and hotlinked into the .pln as a .mod file. The story settings are exactly the same between the .mod and .pln files. The slab composite profile is exactly the same. However, the slab offset is slightly different in the .pln vs the .mod and it's throwing my entire model off. The slab is the only element that is being imported at a different offset.

cwstein_0-1687972984072.png

cwstein_1-1687973018463.png

1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

There are several things that look curious to me after looking at the two screenshots:

1. The Name of the Story is not the same in the two files. Does this mean these settings are not synchronized? Is it possible that the MOD file was not created based on the Project file and has different Story settings?

2. The preview of the Slab's Composite Structure looks different in the Info Box in the two files. It is possible that the definition of te structure is different in the two files and the attributes are not synchronized between them?

3. In the MOD file, the top skins of the Slab have stronger Building Materials than the Wall's insulation, while in the host Project File, the Insulation is stronger. Again, are Building Material definitions different between the two files?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!