BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Solid Element Operations on Mesh indicate "Excluded" - no longer displays in 3D when using marquee

Scott Bulmer
Booster

In a site mesh I have performed many SEO subtractions basically to correctly represent excavation / grading caused by foundations, slabs and retaining walls.  After a certain number of SEO operations on the mesh it stops displaying when using a marquee.  The mesh can be displayed if selecting it by itself using the arrow tool.  With the mesh selected then selecting the SEO button displays that some of the operations are 'Excluded.'  See the attached screen capture of that dialog box.

Why is this happening and how can it be fixed?

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 10.24.29 AM.png

AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

Hi Scott, I always found meshes to be a bit "brittle", so to speak. You can break them easily – sometimes convex countours will already do the trick.

Same goes for SEO, especially lots of it. And by all means, it looks like you're deploying maybe just a bit too many for Archicad.

When I had a project with huge underground parking connecting half a dozen of apartment buildings the only remedy I found was to make morphs out of all elements, bool them and carefully clean it. The remaing morph was a solid piece, so I only had one single element doing the SEO subtraction.

It was no fun, it wasn't blazingly fast, but at least it worked.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

Hi Scott, I always found meshes to be a bit "brittle", so to speak. You can break them easily – sometimes convex countours will already do the trick.

Same goes for SEO, especially lots of it. And by all means, it looks like you're deploying maybe just a bit too many for Archicad.

When I had a project with huge underground parking connecting half a dozen of apartment buildings the only remedy I found was to make morphs out of all elements, bool them and carefully clean it. The remaing morph was a solid piece, so I only had one single element doing the SEO subtraction.

It was no fun, it wasn't blazingly fast, but at least it worked.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Scott Bulmer
Booster

Thanks Lucas.  I used a version of your suggestion.  One of the SEO operations was a double operation also known as the path to mesh technique so as to represent a road.  I eliminated that double operation and instead created/placed a new mesh representing the road then subtracted down on the site mesh.  All is working now.  Thank you again.  Scott

AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Learn and get certified!