BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Speed Problems working on Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do we work with elevation drawings without having to wait FOREVER for them to continually regenerate? We have turned off "Vector Hatching" and set them to be "manual regenerate" while we place notes. At the moment, we are placing notes on the "Project Map" version of the elevation, but have considered placing them on the elevation "Layout" sheets. Right now, we are just sitting in front of the computer waiting most of the time that we are working on the elevations.

Thanks for any advice,
Martin

V10, Mac Pro, 3ghz, 5gig RAM, Dual Core[four processor chips], ATY RadeonX1900 Graphics Card.
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'd strongly recommend avoiding such notation on the layout book. Instead use the View Map, and make sure the view has the appropriate model view option combination applied to it, that removes the necessary fills (at least while you are working on it) and the appropriate layer combination that removes redundant information such as interior walls, library parts, stairs, etc. Maybe even remove cars, people, trees etc, until you are done notating.

Large models, complicated parts, heavy fills and SEOs all contribute to slow down elevation regenerations.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also UNcheck "Update Autorebuild model viewpoints continuously" under Options> Project Preferences> Miscellaneous- to stop model constantly rebuilding whenever you make a change. Saves a whole lot of waiting, and you just rebuild when you need to.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I'm curious... after stumbling upon this in AC Help (see attached image), what exactly does "Update Autorebuild model viewpoints continuously" do? Are Viewpoints that are not open updated in the background? If unchecked, do you have to manually update the Viewpoints prior to publishing, or are they updated when the associated Drawing is updated?
Help.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
'Update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously' will always rebuild your model for you when a change is made. For example, if you are in an section window and move a door, it will rebuild the viewpoint and clean up the wall so that the original wallhole disappears. If you don't have it checked, the hole will still appear there until you manually force a rebuild. Until then, the Element Information Info Tag will show the wall as an 'Out-of-date section element'.

As the name suggests, it only applies to auto-rebuild viewpoints. And only in the current window or when the window is brought to the front, as per the regular functionality of an auto-rebuild viewpoint.

Updating the drawing is a different matter, and it will show an updated model when updated regardless of the continuous update( ). I think the main purpose of this function is mainly to allow speedier work in sections and elevations.

Hope that answers your questions. Sounds like you could do with all the support you can get there at the moment. Good luck with it all.

Cheers,
Link.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Link wrote:
For example, if you are in an section window and move a door, it will rebuild the viewpoint and clean up the wall so that the original wallhole disappears.
OK -- that makes sense, thanks for clarifying -- I was confused by the sentence structure of the Help file. We always use Autorebuild, so I was trying to understand the benefits of the other status options.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!