Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tip of the day with consequent bug report

Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi everyone,
here's a little tip regarding the use of the newly introduced slab edge editing feature. It's probably been posted before, but I'm too lazy to search for it in the forums. So in any case, it goes like this:
Subdividing a slab edge by adding nodes along it will allow you to assign different material to each segment. Now, that's cool!
However, slanting any edge of the slab will void all your previous efforts. Now that's not cool at all! It seems to me like a nasty bug...
Thank you for reading.

Cheers
Francois

Picture 2.png
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
its just a half baked command (another one)
that will be avalible in AC17
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Yep,
funny to see that nobody seems to care nor acknolwedge the bug 😉

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Karl Ottenstein
Hi François,

Your post has been viewed by 177 people at this point, perhaps some of those are at GS.

This is a really bad bug in the new edge functionality ... but to be sure it is dealt with, you should report it to your local technical support to forward it to the Graphisoft bug system. These forums are great for letting others know of problems, but they do not reliably get that information into the system.

Glad you reported it here - I had not seen this issue before and it is good to be warned!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Graphisoft is watching this thread.

It is a bug. Thank you for reporting.
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It has already been fixed on the 1st of April, in ArchiCAD 14 it will work as expected.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkovacsp wrote:
It has already been fixed on the 1st of April, in ArchiCAD 14 it will work as expected.
April Fool's Joke?
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Nope. Serious.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
aha! Vitruvius!!!
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL