BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

URGENT - Need help cutting holes and trimming roof please!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

So sorry to burst in with exclamation marks but I urgently need help drafting a roof.
I can;t seem to work out how to cut holes in the roof for skylights (not urgent) or trim certain sections of the eave overhang off (urgent)...

can anyone help atall please?

to try and explain bettter... i have the roof drawn and everything looks fine.. now i just need to minus (-) away from the mass a few of the edges as they are protruding into another part of the building. (i have attached an image of the issue. As you will probably understand, i had to draw the poly-roof from those walls to ensure the ridge lines were right.. otherwise archicad gets clever and makes a more complex roof than is needed.

thanks so much

Dave

arch exmpl.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
The Solution is to edit the Roof Polygon. You can create new nodes and move them into position to fix the overhangs and for the skylights you can draw the hole in the roof. Same procedure as Slabs.
Roof.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for therepsonse.. I'm actually trying to edit the polygon but it doesnt seem to work when i click the nodes... the +/- icons arent shown in the mini toolbar tat appears...
any chance you could explain how to edit the polygon please?
Eduardo Rolon
Recipe;

- select the roof
- right click and from the options choose 'Select and Activate Tool'
- click on a segment, do not click on a node. You click on a node in order to move it.
- In the flyout you should see the Add Node icon.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!