BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Cut Fills Showing on Multiple Stories?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I have not been able yet to figure this out:
How, in 2d floor plans, does one have a wall's
CUT FILL show up on EVERY STORY
that a wall spans -----?????

I.E.: As I go up and down stories, the fill only shows up on the "home story"...even when the home story is set to Automatic
!!!

I've messed with every combination of the below wall selection settings in the Floor Plan and Section fields...

I.E.
Wall Selection Settings \ HOME STORY...
\Current
\Automatic
\Select Story

"Wall Selection Settings \Floor Plan and Section...

"FLOOR PLAN DISPLAY...

"Show on Stories \Home Story Only
\All Relevant Stories
"Projected Story \Projected
\Projected with Overhead
\Cut Only
\Symbolic Cut
\Outlines Only
\Overhead All
"Show Projection \To Floor Plan Range
\To Absolute Display Limit
\Entire Element

So how is it done?

Currently people I know simply copy-paste the walls to EVERY SINGLE STORY and MAKE FILLS for EVERY SINGLE item.

That can't be the solution. I'm missing some setting, right?
do I need to play with my Floor Plan cut planes and ranges more, per plan????

=Floor Plan Range

I.E.
Wall Selection Settings \ HOME STORY...
\Current
\Automatic
\Select Story

"FLOOR PLAN DISPLAY...

"Show on Stories \Home Story Only
\All Relevant Stories
"Projected Story \Projected
\Projected with Overhead
\Cut Only
\Symbolic Cut
\Outlines Only
\Overhead All
"Show Projection \To Floor Plan Range
\To Absolute Display Limit
\Entire Element

4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
JP-Design:

In addition to setting the wall display to All Relevant Stories (not Home Story Only), you will need to set the correct parameters for the Floor Plan Cut Plane for each story and save these settings as part of the View for each story. In the ArchiCAD Help, search for Floor Plan Cut Plane for more information about this feature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
it might be that you have the correct settings but your 'model view options' are set to override cut fills to not show... Document>set model view
these are saved with your viewset so make sure you're using the desired one when saving/ updating your viewsets.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all.

I was lost still until that last part Xristina...I kept updating and changing my floor-cut planes in my 3d windows/2d ceiling plans, and then going up or down a story, only to find EVERYTHING WAS CHANGED to the NEW cut-planes. Pretty frustrating until I opened up my layouts and viewsets and changed things there, and...
.... finally there the cut-plane changes (per story/view) stuck!!! ---YAY---!!!

(these story things are a nightmare in European villages, where one residence can have 10 different stories, even each room a different level for everything- all in the space of 8 meters of height- argh!!! What to do what to do??? HELP!!! LOL!)

I wish there was a way to do it in non-layout form per story...some box we could check to enable/disable per-story cut planes, but the current way works fine for the end result, for sure!!!

Again thanks!!!

Now back to schedules.
Arghhhhh!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
JP-Design wrote:
these story things are a nightmare in European villages, where one residence can have 10 different stories, even each room a different level for everything- all in the space of 8 meters of height- argh!!! What to do what to do??? HELP!!!
Think about what levels want you would normally display on one floorplan at a time. Model the building as such, using the symbolic setting for both walls and windows/doors - this will force them to display as cut even if they are above the FPCP. Only set the projected method for D&W on special occasions.

If you also set the walls to display on 'Home Story Only', they wont incorrectly appear on the floorplan above.

Hope that helps!
Learn and get certified!