BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall subdivide

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to subdivide (split) a wall (with a window or a door) in an horizontal axis in order to simulate 2 construction phases.

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
can you not just use 2 walls?

one on top of the other.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Retdefender wrote:
Is there a way to subdivide (split) a wall (with a window or a door)
in an horizontal axis in order to simulate 2 construction phases.
No. And if you use 2 walls as suggested with your door/window overlapping
one wall you will need to place an appropriately sized Empty Opening to show
your wall and door/window correctly in elevation/3D.

Can you say why you want to "split" your wall horizontally?
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
in order to model a wall with two (or more) horizontal sections/materials and have doors and windows work as normal, i would probably use a complex profile with the different fills set to different materials (see attached, left). you can even use one fill in the complex profile window and add nodes to have different materials (see attached, right).

from your reference to construction phases, i'm thinking you're looking at the construction simulation function. if that's the case, and you want the different levels of wall to appear seperately than i think rod's suggestion of seperate walls with empty openings at door window locations is probably the way to go; i think you may also want to have separate layers (with different priority settings) for each level.
layered wall.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you all for your answers. I really appreciate it.

I am trying to simulate in Navisworks the construction of brick walls. There are two construction phaces for each wall. In Naviswork there is no way to edit objects so the brick walls must be already separeted in two parts inside Archicad.
Learn and get certified!