BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls randomly Cut, help?

byMarkus
Contributor

Hello,

Every time I construct a wall at a specific level, it randomly cuts at various locations and elevations. This means that the cut might occur only in the lower half of the wall or affect the entire wall.

I have several stories in my building, and when I construct a wall in the basement specifically, there's about a 75% chance it will randomly cut as illustrated in the attached picture. Despite the cuts, the walls are still correctly drawn as a single unit. Additionally, this issue persists in the 3D view, indicating it's not merely a visual glitch of some sorts.

There's a lot of stuff above the walls, but nothing touches them. That's what is weird about this. 

#Markus

Operating system used: Windows

problem1.PNG

problem 2.PNG

  

5 REPLIES 5
Scott Boyd Turner
Enthusiast

Markus,

the walls are intersecting with items that are not visible on screen, can be layers that are turned off or on another level but the walls intersect in 3D

Scott

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB

Hey Scott,

I went into 3D and activated all layers, there's nothing inside the walls. Only above them, the walls are not contacted by any objects in any elevation.

#Markus

Can you show an image in 3D?

Turn all layers on and do an all storey (thick) marquee around the affected area and show that in 3D.

Be sure the 3D filter settings are showing all storeys and not hiding any elements.

It looks like you have hidden walls there somewhere.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ning Guo
Newcomer

I feel like I need to check if these holes are using empty doors, or the hole tool, and you have the hole symbol closed in the model view.

2112435fdef20bb7dfb199baa845ee8.pngOn the left toolbar of the single machine, select the door or hole, and use ctrl+A to select all

Lingwisyer
Guru

Ensure the walls do not intersect in elevation either

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!