BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window Casing Offset Problem in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a serious problem trying to get my window casing to look right with the new AC12 windows. Look at what happens with the outer casing on my attachments.

I have the window set for "no reveal", and the distance from the outer wall set to 0". I am not using a composite wall. I just opened up the AC12 template, drew a wall, and then popped in the default casement window, so I know the file is nice and clean.

The side and top trim covers up part of the actual glass and sash. When I increase the offset, however, it offsets the sides and the top casing all the same amout. Plus, this also extends the casing below the window sill, which it should not be doing. (I should note that this behavior with the side casing extending below the stool happens with the interior casing as well. But, the top trim stays where it should on the interior casing)

This is definitely not behaving as it should.

When I set the outside casing side-offset to 0", the side casing looks fine, but the outside top casing is pushed down, so that it covers a substantial portion of the actual window glass and sash.

When I set the outside casing side-offset to 3", I can get the top casing in approximately the right place, but the side casing is way off, plus it extends way below the sill.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I set the outside casing side-offset to 0", the side casing looks fine, but the outside top casing is pushed down, so that it covers a substantial portion of the actual window glass and sash.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just showing the dialog box and plan view of the 0" side-offset setting.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issue. It also acts really strange when you have an apron below the sill as it will leave a gap equal to the offset and then lowers the sill. I loaded the ArchiCAD 11 library into my 12 projects and am now using the windows out of 11 and it is working fine. I wonder if it is a bug with the new windows in 12? I looked for an upgrade to the library, but it says I have the most current library.

--Tad
Karl Ottenstein
I've seen some of these weird casing bugs, too.

The bummer with using the 11 library until GS releases a patch to the 12 library is that the 11 library windows/doors do not know about 12's 'core only display option, and so cannot display themselves properly in that partial display mode.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
mstoner47 wrote:
I'm having a serious problem trying to get my window casing to look right with the new AC12 windows. Look at what happens with the outer casing on my attachments.

I have the window set for "no reveal", and the distance from the outer wall set to 0". I am not using a composite wall. I just opened up the AC12 template, drew a wall, and then popped in the default casement window, so I know the file is nice and clean.

The side and top trim covers up part of the actual glass and sash. When I increase the offset, however, it offsets the sides and the top casing all the same amout. Plus, this also extends the casing below the window sill, which it should not be doing. (I should note that this behavior with the side casing extending below the stool happens with the interior casing as well. But, the top trim stays where it should on the interior casing)

This is definitely not behaving as it should.

When I set the outside casing side-offset to 3", I can get the top casing in approximately the right place, but the side casing is way off, plus it extends way below the sill.
I reported this same problems in Beta testing. I don't understand how a person could make and objects like this and now know that it does not work right.

Don't they do even the smallest amount of testing on there own objects?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not seen a reply to my Ac12 C.P. wall/window problem and read this thread.
Is it possible mine is somehow related to AC12 window problems in general?
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=24332
Thanks
Bier
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
In Door/Window Builder 12, interior casing (trim) must be offset the width of the casing. I wonder if these problems are related? (Doors are fine).
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded the updated ArchiCAD 12 library and the windows are still having this issue with the casing. I guess I will continue to use the ACad 11 library, but sure would like to use the latest library on new projects. I wrote to graphisoft today to see if they can recommend a fix or at least to make them aware of the issue. I have spent a lot of time on it trying to make sure I am not just missing something in the new window dialog box on version 12. Anyone else had any luck with this?
Erich
Contributor
I too whined about this window issues on the forum here. Graphisoft responded that they are aware and are working on the issue. Hopefully it will be resolved in the next library update (whenever that will be). Unfortunately, until then the windows in AC 12, in the US version at least, are mostly unusable for high quality work. Until the fix arrives you could use windows from the 11 migration library or some other source.

That's the best I have to offer. Perhaps someone else has something more.

Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!