BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone Boundary Not Printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a strange little problem. One of my zone types is very light in color, so I wanted to show an outline around it. In the drawing view it appears to be fine (see image). However, when I print, this outline disappears (image in next post). Does anyone know how to get this outline to print?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
This shows what it looks like when I print.
Bruce
Expert
My guess is that this is another glitch in version 11 - because it works fine in version 10.

I'm having the same trouble - I guess I'll just have to manually draw contours around my zones. A bit of a waste of my time and effort really.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Wow.... this is funny. I had exactly the OPPOSITE problem!

On screen, the OUTLINE attributes would NOT SHOW (like lineweight; and yes I had the on screen view options set correctly)....

But they would PRINT fine....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I just noticed the same problem(s) here -- outline shows on screen, but is the incorrect line weight -- outline does not print.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I'm having the same problem. Zone outlines won't print.

I can change the zone outline pen, but on screen it only affects the color of the outline, not lineweight. It's as if it always displays as hairline.

Other lines (on zone 2D fills etc.) display correctly on screen, with the right lineweight and color.

When a view with correct model view options (as far as i know, at least) is placed on layout, the zone outlines disappear. So even on layout the zone outlines cannot be seen.

Has anyone come up with a solution other than manually drawing a boundary with polyline or something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
geez....bug like this should have been fixed long ago. I just came accross the problem.
Learn and get certified!