BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zones Graphic Override

Sere
Participant

Hi all,

I just moved the project to AC 27 and I am trying to apply a simple Graphic Override to the zones: 25% fill type.

The issue I am encountering is that I want the 25% of the ZONE CATEGORY COLOUR not of each ZONE COVER.

I disabled the zone cover colour and in the drawing without overrides it shows correctly the zone category colour, but when I apply the graphic override (same one I always used in AC 24) it shows the zone cover colour.

Thank you

Zone settings.png

Graphic override.png

  

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Sere,

Here's a workaround which you can use to get your goal:

• 1) Mapping the (zone category color) to the used (pen set) to be able to use these colors for the (cover fill (foreground & background) pen color) or set the categories colors from scratch via (attributes - Zone categories) to select from the prior saved pen colors.
  • 2) Activating the (cover fill in zones) then applying those previously saved pen colors to (foreground & background colors).
  • 3) Creating GOCs, the 1st for 75%, the 2nd for 50% & the 3rd for 25% transparency factor.

Pls watch this video illustrating the above-mentioned steps.

https://youtu.be/l3EPM4-ksp0

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for your answer.

What I am actually trying to do is to show the zone colour by the zone category colour not the zone cover fill.

The problem is that the graphic override is not overriding the zone colour as it used to in AC24 but turning on the zone fill colour.

Learn and get certified!