BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

anyone have received the upgrade 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if anyone have got there upgrade yet
53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous
Not applicable
martin wrote:
I was wondering if anyone have got there upgrade yet
Just received an email from my vendor (out of Oklahoma) about 10 minute ago stating,"I just wanted everyone to know that the warehouse started shipping ArchiCAD 12 yesterday.
They were able to get out just about 400 shipments yesterday.
We expect shipping to be done within the next 3 to 4 days."

So at least here in Mid America it looks like next week.

Dave
Chazz
Enthusiast
There's some OT discussion of it here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=23284&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
The UPS driver just dropped mine off.
Chazz
Enthusiast
A double lottery winner: a name up at the beginning of the alphabet and an east coast address.

How was your OOBE? (if you don't mind me asking...)
Anonymous
Not applicable
The package is very nice-looking, but so far a sad day in Mudville. There seems to be a problem with the PPC Mac installer. Awaiting further instructions from Graphisoft.
Karl Ottenstein
Michael wrote:
The package is very nice-looking, but so far a sad day in Mudville. There seems to be a problem with the PPC Mac installer. Awaiting further instructions from Graphisoft.
Works OK for me on my old dual G4. (Astounding how slow it is compared to my Mac Pro!) There is a new splash install screen that can cover up the real install screen though if your computer isn't insanely fast, or you click on it impatiently.

When you see the black graphic install screen, click on the big install button. Wait.

If you do not see the usual blue/white installation dialog after a bit, look at your dock. You should see two running icons: a yellow arrow coming out of a box (the splashy install screen) and a blue downward arrow in a white circle labeled ArchiCAD Installer. Click on that button to bring the installer window to the front - or just use expose. Click next, etc.

If for some reason that installer never runs, then you may have to browse the DVD manually in the PPC folder to find the ArchiCAD Installer.app

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Chazz
Enthusiast
Michael wrote:
There seems to be a problem with the PPC Mac installer.
Sounds like an OOBF.

Bummer. If you needed one more degrading, humiliating kick in the teeth to get a MacTel machine, this may be it. Heed the sage words of our good Mr. Ottenstein --and good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Works OK for me on my old dual G4. (Astounding how slow it is compared to my Mac Pro!) There is a new splash install screen that can cover up the real install screen though if your computer isn't insanely fast, or you click on it impatiently.

When you see the black graphic install screen, click on the big install button. Wait.

If you do not see the usual blue/white installation dialog after a bit, look at your dock. You should see two running icons: a yellow arrow coming out of a box (the splashy install screen) and a blue downward arrow in a white circle labeled ArchiCAD Installer. Click on that button to bring the installer window to the front - or just use expose. Click next, etc.

If for some reason that installer never runs, then you may have to browse the DVD manually in the PPC folder to find the ArchiCAD Installer.app

HTH,
Karl
Did all that. I got a dialog that said "Archicad 12 cannot be installed on this platform." Poked around the DVD and found that the Archicad 12 (PPC Mac) folder just had a folder named Defaults inside. The Archicad 12 (Intel Mac) had the Defaults folder plus Archicad Installer, archive.jar, media.inf, setup.AC, setup_M.AC. Something's missing, seems to me. Another subtle hint to get a MacTel machine, I suppose...
I have mine up and running

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!