BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall Material

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to have different material for cover bar and profile?
Normally only one material is used for profile.
Than you.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Markus,

What frame are you using? It seems to be relatively easy to add a new material to the code. You will need to open the library part using the 'Open object by subtype' feature and look under Model Elements>Building Elements>Curtainwall Components.

I've attached a tweaked version of the 'Modular Frame 12' object that might work for you. Put it into a loaded folder, then reload the libraries from within ArchiCAD using the library manager. It should then be available to select in the curtainwall settings.

It is also useful to add your ArchiCAD version and basic computer specs to your signature, as some problems and procedures are version specific.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your answer.
According to your suggestion I must save first curtain wall as library object.
I show one picture.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Markus wrote:
Hi again Markus,

I was suggesting opening up the existing 'frame' library part that the curtainwall uses, editing the script slightly to add an extra material definition, then do a 'save-as' and give it a different name. This is what I had done with the object I attached before. My apologies if I wasn't clearer.

What version of ArchiCAD you are using - 12 or 13? What frame are you trying to use - 'Modular frame', or the standard 'frame', or 'generic'? It looks like the modular frame from your picture.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I made this one without facade tool. I'll try what you show.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Without success.
Mullion and profil must have anyway same material with facade tool.
Really it happens not often that mullion and porfile have same material.
It is not perfect solved...unfortunatly..
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused. What curtain wall are you using? I was thinking you were using the curtainwall tool that was newly introduced in AC12. If you are, then the object I attached will work as you wanted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding this subject... is it possible to modify the origin of some material through "align 3d texture" in curtain wall bars?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Markus wrote:
I was suggesting opening up the existing 'frame' library part that the curtainwall uses, editing the script slightly to add an extra material definition, then do a 'save-as' and give it a different name. This is what I had done with the object I attached before. My apologies if I wasn't clearer.
Hi Peter, Thank you for your help.
I use Curtainwall Tool.
Curtain Wall Tool is not library part (not GDL) as much as I know.
For this reason every material must be fixed in own setting of curtain wall.
I couldn't find the "frame library part".

In that way you showed you can't edit anymore or?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fuintur wrote:
Regarding this subject... is it possible to modify the origin of some material through "align 3d texture" in curtain wall bars?
That is different. With align 3D texture you can align the position of texture for certain surface.
That is also my question to change the material of bar through editing in curtain wall tool.
Learn and get certified!