Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

dimensions & text on plan to show in detail window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to get the dimensions & text that are placed on the floor plan to show in the detail window?

I know that the reason it’s done this way is that in a detail window, we’d want to recreate it’s own dimensions and text, but I’m thinking of taking advantage of the detail tool to automate a way to crop areas of the floor plan into plotmaker
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
what version are you using?

your end goal is easy in v9... PM can be set to recognize the zoom extent saved with any saved view. simply crop the view to what you'd like to see and save the view in your viewset.

not sure about a workaround to solve the question you asked tho...

HTH
wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
this sounds like a perfect solution for what I need (I don't have 9 yet though)

how do you crop the view by the way? can you define any shape? do you use the Marquee tool? what I'm trying to do is create separate suite drawings for office buildings.
Djordje
Ace
Hassanen wrote:
this sounds like a perfect solution for what I need (I don't have 9 yet though)

how do you crop the view by the way? can you define any shape? do you use the Marquee tool? what I'm trying to do is create separate suite drawings for office buildings.
AFAIR you are on 8.x? PLease include your version and OS in the signature; some ArchiCADs have what others don't ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you crop the view by the way? can you define any shape?
When saving a view, you have two options for Zoom: None and Current Zoom. If you select "Current Zoom", the view remembers the window contents, just as if you printed the current view.

Further cropping of the view edges can easily be done to polygonal shapes in Plotmaker. Command-T with a view selected, and change the frame type from the rectangle default to polygon. then edit the polygon like you would in AC with the pet palette.

Again, this is w/ v9. I dont remember if v8.1/v3.1 had that capability. amazing how fast one gets used to having new features, and how quickly the old can fade...

hth
wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Further cropping of the view edges can easily be done to polygonal shapes in Plotmaker
Thanks for the reply Wes,
(yes cropping the view edges could be done in PM 3.1 also) would of been nice if we could do this from within AC, ie drawing a marquee area when defining the view and this would automatically crop this polygonal view in plotmaker.

PS we move between AC6.5 & AC8.1 but I'll put in 6.5 in my signature for the time being since it's what I'm mostly using at work.